Here's a bunch of dudes I made for a Unity turn-based-strategy game. The heads, hair, hats/helmets can be swapped out.
I did all of the modeling, texturing, and rigging. Some of the outfit textures are procedural materials from gametextures.com.
Although these characters are not on par with current AAA productions, this project was a pivotal learning experience for me and helped me develop a lot of confidence in 3d by tackling a challenge that involved designing a complex modular character system by collaborating with a programmer/designer, and then doing all the production on a tight deadline while also helping with other aspects of the games development. It was a lot of work, a lot of lessons learned the hard way (neither of us had done something like this before), but overall a fantastic experience that helped move me ten steps forward as an artist in one steps time.