Modular Medieval Characters Development

Alex javor mob8

A total of nine outfits with 4-5 texture variations for each. This took about three months from the initial planning and figuring to having them all rigged and working in Unity engine.

Alex javor mob6
Alex javor mob9

Working with the developer, we defined a minimum amount of faces/skin variations needed for launch. In order to make deadline, I had to average about one character in two working days.

Alex javor

Such a tight deadline didn't allow me to redo things many times for qualities sake, but texturing so many dirty white dudes over and over helped me improved my texturing workflows for realistic skin considerably.

Alex javor qwmor66yg1ue

I got about nine hairstyles and as many beards completed. This was a good primer for figuring out efficient workflows for hair card placement.

Alex javor 0b7ff2df40778cc5ede94d108929f339 jpg

I also got my feet wet with SpeedTree a little bit -- I made the bushes and trees in just a few days. Very easy, fast, and flexible program to learn. I highly recommend it.

Alex javor c5d377414e529f2e5cf855a82789758d jpg

I made assets for two biomes, based on a northern forest aesthetic. A muskeg and a forest. I set up some quick demo scenes to help the developer understand how the assets can be used.

Alex javor sx5egjx291b9
Alex javor desktop screenshot 2019 03 11 09 19 26 09 copy
Alex javor desktop screenshot 2019 03 11 09 16 24 81 2 copy
Alex javor desktop screenshot 2019 03 11 09 09 26 21
Alex javor desktop screenshot 2019 03 11 09 13 19 85 2

Modular Medieval Characters Development

Here's a bunch of dudes I made for a hobbyist-made Unity TBS game. The heads, hair, hats/helmets can be swapped out.

I did all of the modeling, texturing, and rigging. It took about three months. Some of the outfit textures are procedural materials from gametextures.com.

Project is still in production.